
Iran’s Supreme Leader Warns of Retaliation After Trump’s Bombing Threat
Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei issued a stark warning on March 31, saying Tehran is prepared to deliver a forceful response to any potential U.S. military strike, just days after President Donald Trump threatened to bomb Iran if nuclear negotiations fail.
“America and the Zionist regime harbor deep hostility toward us. They have threatened attacks, but they won’t dare act on them,” Khamenei said in a nationally televised address marking the end of Ramadan. “Should they make any miscalculation, we will respond decisively and with strength.”
He also accused the West of fueling unrest inside Iran, referring to previous waves of anti-government protests. “If our enemies believe they can incite rebellion within our borders, the Iranian people are more than capable of fighting back,” he added.
Khamenei’s comments came in response to recent remarks by President Trump, who warned that if the U.S. and Iran fail to reach a new nuclear deal, Washington would unleash airstrikes on Iran “on a scale never seen before.”
Earlier this month, Trump reportedly sent a letter to Iranian leadership proposing renewed indirect talks and gave Tehran a two-month window to respond. Iranian officials said they replied last week, with President Masoud Pezeshkian reiterating on March 30 that while Iran will not engage in direct talks with the U.S., it remains open to dialogue through intermediaries.
In response to Trump’s remarks, Iran’s foreign ministry summoned the Swiss ambassador, who represents U.S. interests in Tehran, to formally protest the threat.
“A public bombing threat by a head of state directed at Iran is a blatant insult to global peace and security,” foreign ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said. “Violence only begets violence. Peace is the path to peace. The U.S. must choose wisely—or face the consequences.”
Iran signed the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) with six world powers in 2015, agreeing to curtail its nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief. However, the U.S. withdrew from the deal in 2018 under Trump’s first term. Iran gradually scaled back its compliance afterward, accusing the West of failing to uphold its commitments.
Since returning to office, President Trump has directed U.S. diplomats to work with allies at the United Nations to reinstate global sanctions on Iran. Tehran insists its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes, though the International Atomic Energy Agency recently confirmed Iran is enriching uranium up to 60% purity—just short of weapons-grade levels.
(Sources: Reuters, Iran International)
Hello Shuttle will strive to bring the latest updates. At the end of the day.
Are you looking for reliable airport and cruise port transfer services in Los Angeles?
We offer professional, safe, and punctual transportation from
Los Angeles Airport - LAX
Long Beach Airport - LGB
John Wayne Airport - SNA
San Pedro cruise port
Long Beach cruise port
Disneyland
and other destinations.
Let us make your journey stress-free and comfortable with our dedicated drivers and high-quality vehicles. Book now for the perfect travel experience at www.helloshuttle.com or call 944-800-5678!